Throughout his legal career, Matt has had the good fortune to work in diverse legal environments ranging from a small Topeka insurance defense boutique of five attorneys to a large Kansas City full service law firm with offices throughout the United States. This diversity has led Matt to develop a broad practice encompassing many different areas of civil trial work. Representative areas of Matt’s trial practice include: trust and estate; personal injury (plaintiff and defense); patent and trademark infringement; divorce/paternity/child custody; condemnation; partnership disputes; covenants not to compete; real estate disputes; commercial and residential construction; rent and possession and appellate work.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center – 2003
- B.A., University of Kansas, With Honors – 1999
- Kansas, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, 2003
- Missouri, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, 2005
- Kansas Bar Associations
- Missouri Bar
- Johnson County Bar Associations
- Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court, Graduate
When not practicing law, Matt spends time with his wife, Olivia, and three children, Declan, Finley and Langston, watching and playing soccer, fishing, biking, and partaking in other outdoor activities. Matt grew up in Lawrence, Kansas, and graduated from Lawrence High School in 1995.